Webservent: Bert Barbay - Last update: 4/16/2014
Normal Schedule: We play on Tuesdays & Fridays
(9:35 AM - 11:00 AM)
"Power Play" begins @ 8:15 am on both days
This month's exceptions:
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE MONTH
* May 1 - Visit & Lunch with Bud and Jetsy Aronson (See Karen)
* June 5 - Catalina Trip (See Karen)
* June 10 - Going away for Carol Ziska (Park TBD)
* June 17 - Play day with Sun City/ Potluck @ Holiday Harbor
* June 30 - Play day with Riverside
* July 17 - Potluck (Details TBD)
* August 13 - Storm Baseball Game (See Bert)
* August 15 - Potluck (Details TBD)
* October 21 - Annual Membership Meeting/ Potluck (Election of New Board!)
* December 5 - Christmas Tree Decorating Party (Senior Center)
* December 11 - Marich's annual Christmas "Sing- along"
Our club objective is to promote fitness, fun, friendship and the spirit of competition among Canyon Lake Seniors through the organized playing of Chair Volleyball.
Watch our video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pkq5gfTld4
Purchase Debbi Harper's Book, "Chair Volleyball", here: http:www.CanyonPress.net
The Canyon Lake Senior Chair Volleyball Club is a POA sanctioned club
Our club usually meets to play at 22200 Canyon Club Drive, Canyon Lake, CA (The Lodge) (map) in the Holiday Bay Room on Tuesday and Friday at 9:35 a.m. unless otherwise noted (See tab: "EVENTS"). We currently have about 100 members. Our ages range from the old 50s through the young 90s.
This wonderful energetic game affords Canyon Lake seniors the opportunity to exercise and have fun. No volleyball experience is required. A nice smile is requested.
Did I Mention this is good for you?
The game is played using a beach ball and a slightly lowered net while players are seated. With a few exceptions, standard volleyball rules apply (See tab: Competition Rules).
The Canyon Lake team has won many medals in the Inland Empire Senior games. This includes fielding the Six gold medal teams in the last six years!
Don't be intimidated; we are only as good as we think we are. Our emphasis is on FUN!
Membership dues are $20 per year. For more information, contact Bert Barbay at 244-2378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may be obtained any time the club is playing (see Events Schedule) or print out the application using the above tab.
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand – strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOW – What a Ride!” - Mavis Leyrer of Seattle, age 83